Local Churches Tackling Poverty Together

To receive all blog postings by email enter your email address in the box below and click on "submit"

Monday 6 January 2014

Fw: ITS A GOAL BLACKPOOL SEASON 3 TAKING REFERRALS

 
----- Original Message -----

NEWS FLASH - 'IT'S A GOAL!' SEASON 3 STARTS WEDNESDAY JANUARY 29TH

 

It's A Goal! is now gearing up for season 3 in Blackpool.

 

The players from Season 2 have been quick to praise the impact It's a Goal has had on their lives since joining and we want to help more.

 

"I always look forward to coming. I realise now I have a good life…..I think it sums it up that I liked it so much the first time, that I couldn't wait to come back as a volunteer."

                                 S.M

 

"I've been feeling good about my confidence and standing up for myself in situations that I couldn't have before."

                                D.B

 

"It's a good place to come to. I can relax and talk to people without being critised.most places there is always someone being negative but here all the others are the same as me and want to help each other, I like that"

                             C.H

 

It' a Goal is aimed at men and women with mild to moderate mental ill health, low self- esteem and generally struggling with daily life.  Through the medium of football metaphor, the programme encourages people to share their difficulties, set personal goals and mutually support each other. 

 

It's A Goal does not involve playing football.

 

This is a course most suited to people who are ready to make a positive change but are not sure how to do it. We also have courses running in Rochdale, Salford and Preston and IAG has demonstrated sustainable improvements to the mental health of participants and the majority have gone on to volunteer, return to work or work based programmes. 

 

I am now taking referrals for the season 3 which begins weekly from 29 January 2014 and will be held at Bloomfield Road as usual. To refer, just contact Leon Morlese on 07786 147057 with the name and contact details of the person you wish to refer.  We also accept self-referrals.

If you would like more information, I would be delighted to come and meet with you and your teams and tell you about the difference It's A Goal! makes to people's lives.

 

 

Leon Morlese

It's A Goal
Coach – Blackpool and Preston

 
Unlimited Potential
The Innovation Forum
Frederick Road
Salford
M6 6FP
 
Tel: 07786 147057
Email: Leon.Morlese@unlimitedpotential.org.uk
Phone: 0161 743 0088 (voice or textphone)
Fax: 0161 743 0090

 

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4259 / Virus Database: 3658/6978 - Release Date: 01/05/14

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4259 / Virus Database: 3658/6978 - Release Date: 01/05/14

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please add you comments. It may take some time for approval by the moderator.