Together Lancashire invites young Christian people who are probably recent graduates to offer a year of part time service with a church or faith based project in
- The commitment would involve offering 15-20 hours per week to a local project for the period from mid September 2015 to summer 2016. The work would be focussed on social and community action among needy and vulnerable people and communities. It would not be merely about sustaining the worshipping life or evangelistic outreach of the church but would need to make an impact on people struggling with issues of poverty in the locality.
- The work would be unpaid although necessary travel and other expenses would be covered.
- The assumption is that you would be supporting yourself, including your housing costs through other part time work, and / or financial and in kind support you might raise from your church, family or friends.
- The role would involve an occupational requirement to be a practising Christian and to play an appropriate role as such in the spiritual life and activities of the congregation or project in which you were placed.
In return Together Lancashire would commit to:
- Matching you to a local placement where we are confident you would be well supported, managed and mentored and where you will find an interesting and fulfilling role which would strengthen your CV and help your personal development towards a career or vocation.
- Providing additional personal and educational support through one to one supervision and peer group learning and reflection sessions.
Generally participants should be between the ages of 21 and 30 in a stage of life between completing studies and taking up a career related job. (exceptionally pre university "gap year" placements, or even older "career change" or early retired people might be considered).
Participants should be committed Christians (from any denomination or theological background) willing to engage in the life of a local church, and to work within a Christian ethos
They should be enthusiastic, energetic and have some level of commitment to Christian service and to social justice.
Specialist skills which are relevant to the life of a church or a Christian project such as training in youth or community work, social work, IT, finance and business management, theology or social research would be especially welcome.
JOB / Role descriptions will be tailor made according to your skills and the placement setting
If you are interested please contact us and provide a CV by August 14th